Voting in the Ontario Election


Anyone can avoid robocall misdirection and Election Day rush by voting in the Advance Polls on May 26th – May 30th, 2018.

Check to be sure you’re registered to vote at Elections Ontario Online.  They’ve been updating their systems, so even if you were before, it’s possible you’re information has been inadvertently misplaced.  You can drop into our local returning office;

Kitchener — Conestoga

Returning Officer: Nick Driedger

1187 Fischer Hallman Road, Kitchener, N2E 4H9 Map
Phone number is +1-866-850-8977
You can vote from May 10 – Jun 6

Monday to Saturday: 10 AM – 8 PM
Sunday May 13, May 20, June 3: 12 PM – 5 PM
Sunday May 27: 10 AM – 8 PM

Elections Ontario: Kitchener–Conestoga

Everything will be faster and easier on Election Day if you are registered.  But even if you are not registered come Election Day, with adequate ID you can still register and vote with the appropriate ID.  They don’t say it here, but if you don’t have a voter registration card, I think you should bring at least two pieces of ID, including photo ID:Who can vote? To be eligible to vote in a provincial election, you must be: • at least 18 years of age on election day; and • a Canadian citizen; and • a resident of Ontario

What identification do I need to vote? Electors who are on the Voters List will receive a Voter Information Card in the mail from Elections Ontario with information about when, where and how to vote. If you receive a Voter Information Card, you’re on the Voters List. Bring your Voter Information Card and one piece of ID that has your name to vote. OR If you do not receive a Voter Information Card, your name may not be on the Voters List. Bring one piece of identification that has your name and residential address to vote. Visit to check if your name is on the Voters List

Examples of acceptable ID: • Ontario driver’s licence • Ontario photo card • Ontario motor vehicle permit • Statement of government benefits • CNIB ID • Band council identification • Bank statement • Credit card statement • Loan statement or agreement • Utility bill • Cell phone bill • Insurance policy or statement • Hospital record or document • Residential lease • Mortgage agreement or statement • Cheque stub, T4 slip or pay receipt • School admissions letter • Transcript or report card • School tuition or fees statement


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s